Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Almost time to head back!

Life in China is about to be overcome with a brand new adventure. Those of you that know me well, know what that is! While I will most likely be signing off the blogger, since I rarely have time to update it now. I will take some time to blog about my overall experience. It is ended with a sweet taste in my mouth, it is not ending, but more of a "see you in the future." While this experience has taught me more then I have ever learned, I don't feel my overseas teaching/traveling is quite over. I definitely do think that I had to move away to appreciate how good I had it back home. And I am reminded of how that works weekly by the emails I get saying, "You sure you want to come back to this mundane lifestyle?" Those that have never left don't realize how good we have it back home. This adventure of living in China for the past 10 months has been challenging, but rewarding. I will miss the good people I met, the quality educators, the locals that make sure we have what we need, my tuk tuk driver, the shop owners on the corner, the ayi's, and so much more. I am so excited but scared shitless to start out this next adventure as a mother and a wife.

As for the wedding, we still are unsure. Since we are doing this the non-traditional way of baby before marriage (and yes it was planned) we don't know how to make it work just yet. And why you wonder? Well the short version is my brother is out of state all summer and can't come back, I don't really want to have a wedding when I am blown up like a balloon, and then there is the family issues. The haunted black cloud that never will go away due to DIVORCE. he he. Jordan's family is simple, there is only 3 of them. With mine you have the dad/stepmom who pretend to want to take part but really want me to elope. And the mom/stepdad who want the traditional nice wedding with everyone there, meanwhile there is me who really is afraid to get married and thinks that I would rather take everything I am worth and put it on black. Isn't that the same odds? Nah, I am kidding. I just don't want a day spent in a room full of family I rarely talk too. My dad rarely speaks to his family, my mom to hers, and then you put my mom and step together and WHOOO party~! I am kidding. They totally are two civil individuals that don't mind being together. So no offense taken. We are praying about it now, I just want the baby and Jordan and can't wait to be back home~ Marley will be a part of our happy family, and we have kept it a surprise to Ry, Cal, and Zan so they will be super shocked.

So much more to write but must go on my daily walks...Trying to only gain 100lbs this pregnancy and not 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment