Monday, October 12, 2009

Chilly, wet, dark in October?

Wow...it is already chilly, and was dark when I was heading home tonight at 5:30. Am I going to make it through this winter? Our apartments have no central air/heat, just a unit in the corner. All cement, I am going to book my first flight home. Forget China.

HA HA. I will survive, only the strong do right? I know I need to write a ton to talk about Bali, and to be honest I am so into the series Nip Tuck that I can't think of sitting on the computer. This is the first series in years that I have been able to sit and watch...this is dangerous. If I do make it through this winter I will come back a good 300 with dreads...lol...

Bali was amazing, it by far gave me my first dose of homesickness when I arrived back home Sat am. Being immersed in China you forget about color, you forget what it is like having someone open a door for you, say goodmorning, smile, and much much more..Bali was filled with locals who spoke English, beautiful happy Australians, and me:) I hope the pictures on Facebook give you an idea of my trip, I did write up a list of what I learned while I was there, I will post it soon. We flew out Sat am early, 2am, we did fly first class but there were more men snoring then birds flying south. Seriously, I had ear plugs in, head phones, and I could still hear them sawing away. UGH. I showed up at my place early, to find I was locked out. This was after the cabby got lost, can you imagine how delightful Stacy was? Then this lady at my apartments decided to open her bag of FRESH catfish STILL alive on sidewalk next to me. This made me laugh hysterically, why be mad, this lady was proud she had fresh fish. lol...

Time to watch a few more episodes before Jordan calls. I have missed him so much, not sure how we would make this work without Skype.

Until next time, China lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment