Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Road Closures, ATM's out of cash and SWINE flu

OHHH where do I begin...First, it is Tuesday night! One more day of work then off to Bali. I know most people back home don't know anything about Bali, either did I before I arrived here. I knew it was another place besides the US, that was about it. Bali is in Indonesia, it is a small tropical island. Sand, surf, sun and booze. :) I am going with the girl I coach volleyball with, she is from California. Rough few days, but making it through. Everyone here is so broke, our wallets are so dry they need WD40. Not kidding, we haven't had a real paycheck since May 25th. I had my last bit of ramen tonight, hoping that I don't have to eat ramen again until the depression hits Asia. I heard through the grapevine tonight that we had already received our paycheck, I road home quickly after practice, avoiding as much rain as possible through my rain gear, grabbed my ATM card and bolted to the ATM. (I had already received word that the ATM's around here run out of cash). Was there in 5 minutes to an ATM that needed WD40 too...:( Looks like my wallet will stay dry another night... This is what happens I guess when you have an all cash society. I do have to say I am glad for the early release day tomorrow. China is getting ready for their big celebrations so they just close roads. We have to be able to get the kids home in time, which means early release for us...smile... Lastly, the swine flu..since China is highly over populated they do not have enough vaccinations for the H1n1. Every school I enter I am getting my temp check. Before buses, before I pee, always temp checks.. If you have any sign of a temp you are sent to prison. You are not released for year, since the symptoms for H1n1 may be dormant. OK, HA HA HA not that intense, but damn, they are ON this one. I am glad they are though! Alright, my man is calling..love you all~! I will have lots to talk about after Bali. Get back the 10th. Then only 2 months until I get to come home..I am going to eat and eat and eat when I get back to the states! ( I MISS AMERICAN FOOD)

No comments:

Post a Comment