Tuesday, December 15, 2009

3 MORE DAYS!~

3 more sleeps until:
-See the man I love (4 months and 19 days has brought us closer then ever, and to be honest it has been easy. The first few weeks I would say I had tears every time we talked on Skype) Being apart from someone for this long makes you learn so much more about them. We spent endless hours, I mean 4 to 5 hours every Sunday, 2 hours everyday at least, looking at eachother on a computer screen. We laughed, cried, loved, told stories, played games, shopped, it was fabulous. We made sacrifices like not going out on weekends so we could talk, and the POOR man even woke up at 4:30AM before work to talk with me for 2 hours? I love him...
-See my precious dog...Marley, my Boston Terrier has also been the hardest to leave, Jordan has been a good dad though, his mom loves him to death as well, she will be the proud grandmother who gets to keep him while we are gone the next 5 months. (my mom doesn't want him:() lol.
-See my family. I miss my nieces and nephew so much it hurts. Amazing how you can love children so deeply it really pains you. Of course I miss my other family and friends as well, but they all have their own lives so it hasn't hurt so much.
-See the sunlight with fresh air.
-Drive a car, I miss the freedom more then you know. Just to be able to go at my own will is going to be great.
-Not have to carry an umbrella, carry cards for each location with Chinese addresses (You give them to the driver since you can't speak the language, which takes time, you have to plan ahead when you are going or else he will make you GET OUT).
-Not wear a scarf (Is there a point to wearing them? I wear them daily but they don't do much for me).
-Eat GOOD FOOD. By good I mean unhealthy but sometimes you have to splurge. I miss ranch, pizza, wings, silverware, ice, Italian, Mexican, good sandwiches, bread, skim MILK!
-No more horns and lawful drivers! WOW.

It will only be 2.5 short weeks but I will relish every moment of it...Then my man is moving back with me! WOW>

I do love it here, don't get me wrong, but home is where the heart IS.

OH! Today was our first day of finals. I am truly liking being a part of the high school instead of a K-8. Here they have 6-12. They make finals pretty intense here, we had to write out our exams, submit them to the admin for approval, then start today. They designate two hour time periods for each subject with silent studying in between. I only teach LA/SS so I have plenty of down time to finalize my grades before Friday. The students are placed in the cafeteria, each chair has a different color, and nobody from the same grade level sits near each other. When a student is complete, they must stay in their seat. It was INTENSE, however a great learning experience for me and my little 6th graders. They are getting what it feels like to be in a more rigorous environment. Majority of them want to go to the college in the US so this is perfect. This year we have seniors going to MIT, Harvard and a few other elite schools. I am loving the education system here, international schools are the way to go. If I could I would raise my kids in this type of setting. It is actually very popular, the kids are called, "Third culture kids." Only GOD knows right?

Until next time, smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment