Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Trip so far..

It is 3 in the morning, going on day 4 of being in the USA, jet lag should be improving but it isn't. I should've known that I would struggle with it, since I am such a sensitive sleeper. It is okay, jet lag is worth seeing everyone and being here.

Everyone is asking about the engagement and the ring, I would be happy to talk about it. lol. I am so excited, never been happier. I truly didn't think I would ever get married. I love looking back, reading my past journals of how my thoughts on marriage have changed. In my goal book, (a book I started when I was 18) I wrote the following: New car by 18, bachelor's degree by 22, marriage by 24, first baby by 26. CAN you believe that! That didn't work as planned, but I am happy with how my life has worked out. I was really never single until 27, then when I became single I went a few years thinking marriage was a big joke. I wasn't around many couples who I can actually say are happy. In fact I think I could count them on one hand. So why would anybody want to get married? And the fact of it ever coming to an end would be just devastating.

Ok, I am getting off track. My whole point is how I progressed through the years while I was maturing myself. I truly know why people want to get married. Why they want to take their relationship to another level. The love I have for Jordan is so deep, it hurts at times. I lay in bed looking at him, thanking GOD for him. I even miss him when he is laying next to me. It is so nice to have someone you can spend every waking hour with, and want more. I love how we were friends first, and we have a good story to how we met and got together. Can you tell I am in love!

Engagement: Well, we both knew we were going to be getting engaged. We designed the ring together. We decided to do this while I was in China. Not sure how exactly, just started talking about rings, and it fell into place. He spent hours shopping, he would send me pictures, but there was never one perfect ring that we both fell in love with. It was important for me that he chose it, so the process started. We found a website that designs the style I like, vintage. After a few weeks, it was ready. Jordan wouldn't let me see it of course, he actually said if I asked one more time I wouldn't get it!

Finally, the arrival time came at the airport. I made him promise me that he wouldn't propose there, since my emotions were so brittle I don't think I could've handled it. I seriously would've curled up in a little ball and sobbed. After flying for 15 hours, not sleeping for 24, anticipation of seeing everyone, I didn't want this big scene. He showed up at that airport with a dozen roses, my dog, and a bottle of wine! After some long awaited kisses and tears, we headed home. He took me to the Wigwam Resort, one of my favorite places to stay. We had the Litchfield Suite (Huge two bedroom suite with a bar and fireplace). We walked in to rose pedals every where, fire lit, champagne, the WORKS. We ended up walking straight to the bed, I laid down, took a deep breath and said thank you to him. We were kissing and I wanted him to take his dress shirt off. (He hates dressing up). He said no, said he had something to take care of. Got down on one knee, tears were flowing (me), then he said it! I hugged him and of course said yes. The ring is absolutely beautiful! I will post a picture. We spent the next two days at the resort. I slept mainly, he relaxed.

SO, with all that said, my first few days home have been amazing. Sunday I did have a bit of sensory overload. You get used to not seeing much color, used to not being able to communicate or listen to strangers since they don't speak our language, so it can be a little overwhelming at times. However, I am enjoying the fresh air, sunlight, good food, and so much more. I will blog about my true feelings about the entire trip when I get back. Jordan moves with me! We leave January 6th. Going to enjoy each and every moment of my time here, since it will fly by.

Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment