Sunday, December 13, 2009

My first stint in China is about to come to an end! In 6 days I will be boarding the plane and heading home for 3 weeks. This also ends my single journey in China, since Jordan will be coming back with me. I am grateful he has decided to come along, it will bring new adventures. Life has been flowing lately, almost to quick. I want it to go by quickly so I can get home, but sometimes it is good to stop, take a deep breath and look at life.

I am still loving that I am in China. The weather hasn't been to bad, rain here and there and about 40 degrees. I would say that I miss the freedom of having a car the most. To be able to go when you please, not hail a cab would be so nice...Maybe I can driver while I am back next week.

6 more DAYS and home.

Quick list of what I have learned so far while in China:

1. International schools are unique, higher level and interesting to work for. Being in a classroom with kids from all over the world, different home languages, different cultures is unreal.
2. Working with teachers from all over the world is also great, you lean new things everyday.
3. The money that some people have is unreal. How do people afford 30grand per student, some families have 4 kids in our school.
4. The pollution in Shanghai needs attention ASAP.
5. Chinese people have long nails (MEN), love tea, work hard, cook with strange ingredients, talk funny, smack, interested in the western culture, walk a lot, only are allowed to have one kid, have their parents live with them, squat (men), love fireworks (scare off evil spirits).
6. Not knowing a language yet being immersed in it can make you feel very isolated at times.
7. Live in the moment, think about the future, don't dwell on the past.
8. I love having two maids, no bills and treated like a real educator for once.
9. I love Jordan more then anything in this world, be away from someone for 4 months and 19 days really makes your learn about a person.
10. I don't like China in general, kind of thinking of Switzerland next. This overseas gig has opened up a whole new door in my life, I wish I would've started this when I was younger!

No comments:

Post a Comment