Saturday, November 14, 2009

Just don't get it.

Just got back from the grocery store, and am a bit saddened..I recently ordered milk from the grocery store, they delivered it. It was my first time drinking milk since I got here, and to my surprise it was GOOD. It showed up nice, cold, just like back home. I never trusted drinking the milk before, the milk is kept out here, didn't feel like having a two week dose of the runs. When I found the western grocery story and they delivered, I thought I would be fine. And I was, don't get me wrong. Well today I went to the grocery store, looked in the western section (The very small part of the store with products in English) and saw my MILK. So, that skim milk isn't refrigerated either. How come back home it is is essential we keep our milk cold, however here they don't do that? I just can't drink milk that as we know doesn't contain preservative's and has live enzymes, but yet can have a shelf life? I must do some research.

Ok, that is my question. It is Sunday afternoon here. Watching that movie Paranormal Activity. I don't usually do scary movies, but this is a good one. I don't necessarily believe it, just out of movies and it is 10 below outside, might as well watch one! I am now also doing my own cleaning as well as laundry. I still have two maids, feel bad firing them since they are the sweetest. I just miss doing thing myself, not truly the act of doing them, the feeling you get when they are complete. I also like the sound of the dryer and the smell of the dryer sheets.

Loves!

2 comments:

  1. does that mean no more food waiting for you in the fridge???? I think i would have kept that one around. I want one of those at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I still have my ayi's...I can't fire them, just wouldn't be right. Instead I just have her make my lunches for the week, I cook dinner!

    ReplyDelete