Friday, January 22, 2010

2 weeks already?

Saturday morning here, 7:30AM, why am I awake. I find it humorous that all week I hate waking up early. I think I say every morning, "I can't wait to sleep in this weekend." Then the weekend comes and my alarm clock that is built into my head has me get up at the SAME damn time I would during the week....over that...I am up now, would love some pancakes or even a nice bowl of Peanut Butter Captain Crunch. Or maybe Fruity Pebbles. I like how I mention my two favorite cereals, even if I never ever bought them back home. I wouldn't buy them since eating 500 calories for breakfast is a waste, I would rather save them for a nice dinner of mozzarella sticks and a chicken sandwich. Can you tell I am hungry? LOL.

On the real side I figured I would write since it has been two weeks of being back home. This past week was beyond wonderful. Jordan and I finally are getting in the groove of living together. Not that it was a hard groove to get, but it was. HA HA. This past week we made the most of it. Went out Wednesday night to meet up with Kelsey, had a fabulous Thai dinner in the French Concession. The French Concession is the part of town that is full of discrete alley ways, unique shops and restaurants, and character. The weather was finally being our friend, it was 65 degrees for two days. It is back to 10 below now. Thursday morning we slept in, then went to the Emerald market. The Emerald is a community across the street from me that has beautiful homes for other westerners like myself. But wealthy ones! lol. On Thursday mornings they have a market for the expats, with products we like. Good wine, meats that are not just thrown on the table after slicing them off a pig, organic fruits, teas, movies, books, magazines, breads, seafood etc....I got Jordan up to go with me so he could bring the stuff back. We jumped in a taxi, I sat in front. The man was so flabbergasted he didn't know what to do. I think it was my perfume, he couldn't really focus on driving. He had to do a u-turn, and barely could do that. He kept looking at me, I thought he was going to faint. He did the turn, didn't make it and had to back up, meanwhile there is on going traffic, he hits a bus...the bus driver was NOT happy... got out, it was a big ordeal so we ended up walking to the market. This is turning into a long story, but my point was how adorable Jordan looked walked back with fresh flowers and shopping bags! I had to get another taxi to work. Good times...I love that man.

Alright, my stomach is eating itself, I must eat.....

Stay happy..

No comments:

Post a Comment