Saturday, January 30, 2010

What I Love.

Jordan is coming back from Toronto in one hour, and I can't wait...I need to write...Funny that I have written in a journal since I was 10, but a blog is now it...and yet everyone can read it? Is that okay? Yes it is, it is real life...

So what do I love...

First, life in China with Jordan hasn't been perfect. Moving in with someone in a foreign country isn't easy of course, not to mention it is our first time ever living together but GOD is good. He got this job of being an international courier, it isn't ideal, but it got him away for the weekend, it is money, it is saving us a ton since we don't have to leave the country every 60 days so he doesn't get deported so yes, IT IS GOOD. When he left on Friday night I was a freaking wreck. And I hate that word. I prayed about it. It turned out to be the best thing ever...He realized we were being stupid about little shit, and I can't wait for him to be home...

Ok, What do I love..For some reason I want to talk about what I love.

1. I love that fact that in China everything in delivered. The Asians go out of their way to make us happy. Today I was out of water. I called my local SCIS (where I work) the man the takes care of the expats and said I was out of water. I had water in 10 minutes.

2. I love the fact God is good.

3. I love the fact that if you live your life right, and (laws of attraction) you think something right good things will come.

4. I love good people.

5. I love Jordan

6. I love that I can call my mom and even though she thinks I am in the wrong she makes me feel better.

7. I love my apartment. Jordan met me after work on Friday to walk home. I had to show him the plighted areas that I go through on my way home. They do not have indoor plumbing. As we were looking, we realized there where open holes, we looked in and it was feces. NOT kidding, the stuff just goes under the ground (well not really) and gets drained in this water. And this water is used for everything. I have seen people boil it in the morning to cook, I have seen people fish.....You don't think about the fact that you can wake up in the morning, turn on the heat, use your bathroom and you don't think how hard people have it. I love that we have it good. When I took this job it was considered a HARD post. A hard post means it is tough to survive. To be honest this is easy. I have a great home, I have a great job, I don't want to know what hard post means...But can you imagine?

8. I love the fact that America gives so much opportunity. China doesn't work on credit. I haven't used a credit card since I have been here. You even pay your gas ahead of time with cash. you don't have the money you don't get it.

9. I love where I came from. My goal now is to stop being envious of my friends back home that have these beautiful homes, husbands that make a lot of money, driving fat cars, I want to stop being envious of that. I don't need all that, money isn't what matters. I just want to be happy. I don't need a big home, I just want a small home with a happy family. I want to take time to be thankful for what I have and to realize that life isn't easy. We will all go through our hard times.

10. Most of all I love GOD. I know many of you don't believe, it might be a higher power, or just believe in laws of attraction, luck or whatever, but no matter what life is short. It is about making the most of what you have, giving back to the people that don't have much.

11. Ok, let me get off my high horse. Doing a marathon on the Great Wall in Beijing in May, anybody is welcome. I MEAN anybody. Come along....It will be a time NOBODY will ever forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment