Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Open house

Just watching a movie...getting pretty good at watching them over and over:) Had a good day, we had open house tonight. Pretty neat getting to know the parents, I just love that they are from all over the world. Out of 20 students I have 12 from Korea, 2 from Sweden, 1 from Mexico, 3 from Michigan, and 2 from Finland. It was different tonight because I only had one mother talk. It is pretty common in other country's that the men work, and also fulfill the role of monitoring their child's education. Honestly these students have tutors, and the Korean parents all mentioned MORE WORK, and their kids even go to Korean school at night. Meeting their parents made me more excited for this year. I look forward to working with those kids everyday, they are intriguing.

Finishing off a bowl of hot and sour soup. My daily diet. I wouldn't know if I lost any weight though, since the scales are in Kilo's and I can't read the calories! I am going to the store tomorrow, I truly put that off. My maid is now done with getting my apartment all set, so I think next week I will have her start grocery shopping. She came today, I love coming home to a clean house. I also had a new fridge when I came in today. I love how they work here, you ask and you receive. No questions asked. I mentioned to the school that my fridge was super small and so little. It literally was only a ft taller then the mini fridges we used to keep in our rooms back home. They brought me a new one today, it is great. I will hit up the store tomorrow night, my goal is to learn how to make something new each week. I am just proud that last week I wore tennis shoes and not flip flops. The tiles here are so damn slippery. I felt like I was playing dodge ball while slipping around Asians. Literally, since they all stare and stop to look at the world's largest white girl.

Another funny story about my feet and their wacky tiles is when I went to get a massage. I walked in and walked right into the fish pond. The fish pond was in between the TILES. I should look down hu? I forgot about that quickly when I went to the room to get my massage, took my clothes off then looked at the bed and there wasn't any sheets. I was lost..I didn't know what to do, put mine back on, take a shower in the large shower that was in the room, or sit there naked! I found a robe, and just sat on the bed.. Long story short after sharing this story with my coworkers, you keep your clothes on when you get a non-oil massage! No wonder the guy didn't touch me once. He would put a towel under his hands. lol.

Alright..bed time..talk more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment