Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuk Tuk with a system?

Just got in, Tuesday evening here. Caught a ride with young Tuk driver who had American music blasted like a young kid who just got his first car. He has this look on his face of pure excitement when I got in. Hopefully everyone back home has an idea of a Tuk Tuk now, if not it is a three wheel bike with a cover on the back. He was so proud to have me in his cart, every time we passed someone he would honk, not to get out of the way but to say, "LOOK at the blond in my cart!" He was blasting, "I like to move it, move it," brought up the Rocky Point days. We used to love that song...or it loved us after 10 beers:) It is cooling down quite a bit now, thank GOD. I know I will end up swallowing my tongue for saying this, but I can't wait until winter. It has been warm, wet, sticky, smelly. The cool air is fresh. There are days where the pollution is heavy, other times where the sun is bright. Odd. Downtown the air quality is not good...wish they would work on that.

Hangzhou this weekend was a memory I will not forget. Hangzhou is a town two hours from where I live. A guy we work with that is from New Zealand arranged it for us. I was thankful, that trip wouldn't be easy to new as a newcomer. We took the train, arrived around 9am and hit the mtn. around 10. We hiked through villages, tea gardens, then did a strenuous mtn. hike up to the top. Great group of people, friendly with a lot to share. I am enjoying hearing about every ones travels. We have a large group of couples that have been part of the international teaching scene for years, they switch schools every few years or so. Wish Jordan was a teacher:)

Ok..off for a bike ride after I finish this episode of Sex and the City. With no English TV, I have been purchasing seasons. As for Sex and the City, I am addicted to it but damn, these girls do nothing besides the obvious! How did Sara Jessica Parker stay married!

No comments:

Post a Comment