Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday night...

Night is almost over, bedtime soon. Had a good week, finally think I am adjusting to working 10 hour days. The days are long, but the kids make it worth every minute. I am learning that working at an international school is about working hard and playing hard. These kids are super involved in school, so we are always there making sure they are involved in everything to make those college applications to the states FULL. Went this morning to get my visa, and that was easy. I am loving the fact that we are taken care of always. Always having drivers, maids, food provided at work, even the coffee is made for us. I like that. Had a minor setback after our visa appointment:( We were getting in the van, and I got on first. Our asst. principal was looking for the van, saw it, then took one step without looking. BAM, he was hit by a scooter... It happened so fast, and THANK GOD he was okay. It was only him and I, and our driver who only speaks Mandarin. I ran out of the van and helped our AP up, and he was fine. The scooter driver was fine as well, but pretty upset. After a few minutes of him yelling, a nice lady who was watching walked over and yelled back. Basically it just frightened them both... Incidents like that happen here way more then they should, all because NOBODY abides by rules. Traffic is a complete nightmare here... One positive aspect is the locals really look out for us. That lady did not have to step in, which was great. My day was good after that, practice went well. I like my girls, they are super sweet and full of life. I am finally realizing that VB for once is not about competition, which has been a struggle for me.

Friday tomorrow. We have another away game. I like going to the different international schools, checking them out:) We have a short trip planned this Saturday to Hangzhou. It is two hours away, so we are taking a train. Looking forward to getting out and seeing more of China. We have hiking planned, lunch, temples and of course cold beverages!

Night..

1 comment:

  1. wow that's crazy about your vp, glad he's fine!!!! Can't wait to see pictures from Hangzhou. Different temples would be cool to see.

    ReplyDelete